Full-Time Team Assistant Job at African Development Bank
The position of Team Assistant which falls under General Support Services that provides administrative support for the smooth running of the Team, ensures that the Division Manager/Team Leader is freed from all tasks which could otherwise impede the efficient discharge of higher duties and responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the General guidance and overall supervision of the Manager / Team Leader, the Team Assistant will perform the following:
- WORK FLOW MANAGEMENT
- Undertake such transactional tasks and processes that support the smooth running of the work of the Manager and Team;
- Provide support and follow up on routine administrative correspondence and processes;
- Undertake correspondence and tasks in accordance with the Bank’s accepted formats and check on probable typographical errors, presentation, completeness and procedural accuracy of all documents submitted to the Manager / Team Leader for clearance, approval or signature;
- Review and prioritize important correspondence and tasks for execution;
- Follow-up and ensure that tasks are completed with dispatch and within given deadlines.
- COMMUNICATION AND LIAISON
- Receive visitors and telephone calls with tact and discretion, and act according to the nature and urgency of each, including redirecting to the concerned division members or action parties as appropriate;
- Facilitate the arrangements for meetings with respect to their timings and booking of venue;
- Provide support to the Manager / Team for appointments with official visitors and/or staff members;
- Follow up on work deadlines for routine and assigned tasks;
- Schedule meetings for the Manager / Team, according to schedules and Agenda for the week;
- Arrange time and venue for meetings, and provide support required for their success;
- Write meeting reports/minutes.
- RECORD KEEPING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Maintain a filing system in both hard and soft copies to meet the needs of the Division / Team;
- Keep a weekly calendar of activities that shows all meetings to be attended by the Manager / Team Leader as well as by other staff members. It also includes all external visits to the Department;
- Obtain briefing and background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to be attended by the team’s staff, checking their availability and ensuring they have the appropriate briefing files and documents;
- Maintain Contact address / Mailing directory of partners working with the Division / Team.
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Make travel arrangements for the Manager / Team including tickets, hotel reservation, etc;
- Support the preparation of presentations as required;
- Photocopy and send electronic communication when the need arises;
- Undertake any other related tasks as assigned by the Manager / Team Leadership.
- PROCUREMENT DUTIES
- Assist in carrying out the function of procurement duties;
- Process Purchase Requisitions assigned to the Functional Group related to procurement of goods, services and works;
- Receive and review requisitions for clarity, adequacy of specifications, completeness, obtain additional information and liaise with the User Departments and, confirm that the budget exist for the requisition.
- Manage the budget assigned to the division;
- Assist management in issues concerning resources such as the administrative budget; monitor and review expenses and bring issues to the attention of management;
- Participate in the preparation of the annual and mid-year budget review by inputting data in SAP system and the monitoring thereof
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline;
- Training in secretarial Science and/or Administration and Office Management is advantageous;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant and practical experience in administrative and secretarial roles, in similar offices of international Organizations, Development Banks or similar institutions;
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of administration and office support services, including systems and procedures;
- Able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting;
- Handling internal and external requests efficiently;
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse background;
- Ability to manage simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopies etc.);
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and administration service;
- Good writing skills;
- Problem Solving;
- Client Orientation;
- Team working;
- Operational Effectiveness;
- Innovation and Creativity;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
- Bilingualism, knowledge of Arabic, Portuguese, etc. is an advantage;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SAP).
Closing Date: Ongoing
How to ApplyClick Here to Submit your CV and Application
524 total views, 1 today