Full-Time Secondary School Vice Principal by Alpha Beta Education Center
A reputable international school in Accra, Ghana is seeking to employ a Vice Principal with inspirational and strategic leadership skills and a passion to raise creative, confident and competent leaders.
• The Vice Principal will join the Management Team in ensuring the delivery of high standards of academic and non-academic content to students; excellent administrative procedures; and adequate team supervision.
• The school runs an international curriculum from Pre-school through to Secondary.
• The Vice Principal will take a leadership role in strengthening the quality of teaching and learning, bringing efficiencies to the management of the school and raising the profile of the whole school.
• This is a vitally important role with genuine transformational potential.
The Applicant should:
• Be a practicing Christian whose morals and ethics are in keeping with the school’s Christian ethos and who is committed to maintaining and protecting it.
• Be highly motivated and driven, and have an in-depth knowledge of excellence in education with a commitment to ensuring the highest quality of teaching and learning.
• Have the creativity and vision to inspire and lead change together with the focus to ensure successful outcomes are reached.
• Be able to communicate proficiently in spoken and written English
• Have a good understanding of Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE).
• Be able to assess the pedagogical needs of students and staff, and suggest appropriate professional intervention where possible.
• Have excellent understanding of, and experience in, curriculum management, development, implementation and evaluation
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Overall managerial responsibility for monitoring, evaluation and improvement of performance management in respect of the teaching and learning environment.
• Working in collaboration with the Principal, Heads of Primary and Pre-school and all relevant stakeholders, to ensure the highest possible standards of teaching and learning
• To lead, supervise, and guide the work of the staff, in planning, teaching, assessment and evaluation of teaching and learning within a disciplined staff and student body.
• Ensuring that the learning, development, and discipline of students remain at the heart of all decisions.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must have a good first degree as well as an advanced Degree in education, with not less than 10 years cumulative and progressively responsible experience at management level in an educational institution of repute.
• Strong digital literacy (ICT) skills required
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send letter of application and CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 11 June, 2023
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note this is a local hire role.