Full-Time Regional Manager Job at Marie Stopes International Ghana
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSG’s goal is to meet the needs Of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-seven (37) countries worldwide.
Length Of contract: All vacancies advertised have one (1) year contract (renewable based upon good performance).
Title: Regional Manager, Northern Sector
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) seeks an experienced senior manager for the role of Regional Manager (RM). who will be responsible for the overall leadership in the northern sector, including delivery of results (e.g. annual business plan, donor projects and other initiatives), team member motivation and capacity building; strategic relationships with government and other stakeholders (e.g. private providers and NGOs); and developing funding opportunities.
The Regional Manager is responsible for MSIG regional office, clinics. Bluestar-branded social franchise network of private providers, public sector capacity-building facilities, social marketing of health products and donor project activities in his/her territory. He/she will be based in the MSIG regional office in Tamale, but will oversee programme activity in the Northern, Savanna, North East. Upper East and Upper West regions and requires frequent travel within Ghana.
The role will report to the Director of Regional Operations.
• Work closely with the Director of Regional Operations to identify new funding opportunities.
• Lead the development and implementation Of high quality proposals
• Provide leadership, guidance and planning to support regional team members; balance delegation with appropriate hands-on management.
• Develop a clear annual (regional) implementation plan in consultation with technical and project leads from the Accra support office and with input from the regional team.
• Provide oversight and guidance to partner NGOs and closely monitor results and outputs; ensure that all partnership agreements with NGOs and other external service providers are properly executed and achieve desired outcomes.
• Work with support office teams and senior management team to strengthen existing systems to improve MSIG’S regionalised structure (e.g. stores, finance. MIS, reporting. etc).
• Ensure smooth running Of the regional office; provide good documentation and maintain accurate and up-to-date regional office files.
• Conduct regular supervisory visits with appropriate follow up
• Develop and set team goals. strategies and work plans that are fully aligned with the MSIG goals, business plan and thew individual job framework.
• Ensure effective communication between the regional office and the support office in Accrawith respect to technical issues and project activities; participate actively in MSIG workshops and events as required.
• Develop and set team goals, strategies and work plans that are aligned with the MSIG goals. business pian and their individual job framework.
• Any other duties that may come up.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in health. demography, public health or social sciences/development studies
• Master’s degree in a related field
• Other professional qualifications. ideally in project management. desired Knowledge of MSIG field operations and desired
The candidate must have;
• At least seven (7) years of post-graduate relevant work experience with at least three (3) years of experience in a significant management position
• Demonstrated experience in successfully managing and motivating teams; experience in managing both medical and non-medical team members
• Experience in managing project life cycles (representation, project design, activity implementation, budget/results management, reporting, evaluation and negotiating adjustments)
• Experience managing budgets; experience with procurement and logistics; experience in setting up new offices/systems desired
• Demonstrated skill in networking and working in partnership With others (internal and external stakeholders) to achieve results; experience working with NGOs and government implementation partners; experience in working with GHS highly desired
• Demonstrated experience in working across teams with a track record of achieving both financial and non-financial targets
• Demonstrated experience in successfully launching new projects and activities and then building and maintaining momentum
• Demonstrated experience in networking and working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
• Strong leadership, negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
• Experience working with INGOs and government as implementation partners and with Ghana Health Service – highly desired.
• Experience in working with both public and private health sectors.
• Experience working in health, sexual and reproductive health in particular
• Passionate about field work and enjoy traveling
• Hardworking and results-focused; able to work independently and with own initiative
• Enjoys engaging people at all levels to generate shared understanding and support (e.g. government, donors, partners, other team members and community)
• Enjoy motivating team members and external partners to deliver results
• Team player, articulate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• High levels of IT literacy and computer skills (Microsoft office suite)
• Pro-family planning and pro-choice
This is a local position. Interested non-Ghanaian must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana
Location: Northern Region
Closing Date: 21 August, 2019
How to ApplyTo submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Please fill the application with the exact job title and location if indicated Females are encouraged to apply
132 total views, 6 today