Full-Time Regional Logistics Support Officer Job at Chemonics International
Chemonics International seeks a Regional Logistics Support Officer for the Volta Region to provide technical support to the Regional Health Administration (RHA) to implement supply chain prioritised interventions. The Officer will organise, coordinate and facilitate the implementation of health commodities supply chain activities at regional level in collaboration with GHS, MOH and Implementing Partners (IPs).
The officer will specifically support the Regional Medical Stores (RMSs) in: the implementation, standardisation and scale up of -last mile distribution (LMD, inventory management of programme commodities, gathering and analysis of logistics data to inform supply chain decisions at regional level, bi-monthly central level distribution, implementation of Ghana Integrated Logistics Management Information System (GhiLMIS). provision of targeted supportive supervision to lower level health facilities and. associated reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide supply chain management technical assistance to the RHA and RMS to support lower level health systems strengthening initiatives through regular targeted supportive supervision to districts and service delivery points, training of SDP staff on logistics management of health commodities and any other initiatives that the GHS adopts at the regional level to improve commodity availability.
• Work closely with the RMS Manager and program coordinators at the regional level to generate composite orders for program commodities from the central level.
• In collaboration with the central level authorities and RHAs, support RMSs to conduct monthly physical counts for program commodities at the RMSs; and support the RMSs and health facilities in the respective region to prepare and submit accurate and timely inventory and stock status reports including key recommendations to Programs (NACP, NMCP, FHD, TB) and identified regional and central level key stakeholders. Similarly, follow up with the Programs and central level authorities to provide feedback on submitted reports to the RMSs and appropriate health facilities.
• Collaborate with the RHA, USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) and other USAID Implementation Partners (IPs) and, identified program (NACP, NMCP, FHD, TB) contacts to collect, collate and submit monthly reports on consumption data of program commodities at the service delivery points.
• Maintain and regularly update a database of health commodity logistics data such as worksheets, historical issues data at the RMS and consumption data at SDPs, and data on receipts from the IHS warehouse and TCMS and other sources, and any other relevant data needed for decision making.
• Support Implementation of the Ghana Integrated Logistics Management Information System (GhLMIS)
• Support and ensure the collection and consolidation of accurate data from Health Facilities for On-Boarding
• Validate data collected for onboarding to ensure data integrity and data consistency in the GhiLMIS solution
• Review orders and consumption data from Health Service Providers yet to be onboarded and conduct inventory adjustments at the RMS to ensure system stock matches physical stock on hand.
• Work with RMS managers to plan and execute cycle count for all commodities based on established regional schedule
• Provide Basic level of support where GhiLMIS issues are logged into the GhiLMIS Help Desk, triaged, troubleshot, and elementary problems are resolved.
• Support users to analyze data generated from the GhiLMIS to improve efficiencies and support prompt actions and decision making
• Ensure that the RHAs:
•are regularly engaged on logistics management issues.
•prioritize strengthening logistics management in their regional work plans and budgets.
• Support and monitor the implementation of LMD in the region and provide technical assistance for the implementation of LMD standardized framework including the tasks associated with determining commodity volume as part of implementing LMD initiative.
• Serve as the secretariat for the regional supply chain coordinating committee as well as facilitate regular functioning of the committee.
• Participate in forecasting, quantification and procurement planning of health commodities.
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Supply Chain Management or business-related discipline.
• Post graduate qualification in supply chain, health systems, health information or related field offers an advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience in supply chain management including experience with, order management, inventory management, warehousing/storage and product distribution.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in data analysis, data quality assessments and data use.
• Good understanding of Ghana’s Public Health Supply Chain system.
• Resourcefulness and a desire to help others.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively on teams in a multi-cultural context and ability to work independently is necessary.
• Must have ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision.
• Must be able to learn and support new and fast changing technologies.
• Fluency in English required
Location: Volta Region
Closing Date: 19 August, 2019
How to ApplyTo submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply
105 total views, 2 today