Full-Time Receptionist/Secretary Vacancy at CARE International
CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe.
CARE started operations in Ghana in 1994 and have for the past 23 years, has partnered government agencies, multinational and Civil Society organizations to undertake interventions in the areas of education, food and nutrition security, financial inclusion, women’s empowerment, governance, among others.
CARE has a vision of a world of hope where all live in dignity and security… do you want to help us achieve this vision? CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of an ADMIN SECRETARY / RECEPTIONIST.
This position will be based in the Tamale Sub Office.
The Secretary / Receptionist’s basic task is to manage the daily activities of the front desk and provide secretarial / administrative support to the Sub-Office, The front desk is the first impression people have about every organization and as a result, the following are critical:
• Timeliness to work and presence at post;
• Cleanliness / tidiness of the work station area and presence of available material that represents CARE’S work and approach;
• Customer orientation and professionalism;
• Manage the front desk and provide reception and secretarial services
• Receive visitors in a professional manner and direct them to the appropriate persons
• Manage the telephone systems appropriately and notify any failure to the supervisor, and communicate to others as appropriate;
• Receive and dispatch incoming telecommunications, assist on outgoing telecommunications according to CARE Ghana’s procedures.
• Organize outgoing and incoming mails efficiently and ensure that incoming mails are distributed to individual staff members immediately and copies filed for future reference.
• Receive documents from various departments and work items for dispatch to other CARE offices ensure they are properly logged for reference.
• Manage the official Notice Board and display official communications and promotional information in an attractive manner;
• Organize and maintain the filing system and ensure it is updated on a regular basis according to CARE procedures
• Occasionally, provide typing and secretarial support to senior staff,
• Provide secretarial support to the staff meetings and other important events as needed.
• Receive and ensure dispatching of payments issued by finance department to service providers according to CARE Ghana’s procedures and return the appropriate documentation back to the finance department.
• Call and notify vendors and partners about payments that have been made into their accounts based on payment advice from finance office.
• Manage the conference room usage to ensure meetings do not clash and also ensure it is kept tidy at all times and tea / coffee is always provided
• Provide support to the Admin. Department for the organization of special events such as workshops, meetings, social activities, etc
• Make Hotel accommodation arrangements for CARE Staff and Visitors and for workshops.
• Support admin unit and other sub office staff with scanning and photocopying of documents.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Diploma in Business Secretarial Discipline
• First Degree in Secretaryship / Business Administration will be an added advantage
• Minimum 3 years experience in a secretarial field or similar position.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
• Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and outlook (or similar software);
• Basic analytical and statistical skills;
• Excellent communication in English (both verbal and written fluency required),
• Strong customer service of focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Strong team player.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:
Closing Date: 06 August, 2019
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
334 total views, 3 today