Full-TimeProject Coordinator Vacancy at Newmont Akyem Development Foundation
Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAkDeF) is a company, limited by guarantee, set up by Newmont and Akyem mine communities to establish and manage sustainable social investment projects and activities. It has a 9-member Board of Trustees, representing Newmont and Community, which supervises the work of a Secretariat headed by an Executive Secretary. The Board has three Standing Committees: Finance and Administration, Projects and Tender Board. Sustainable social investments to be funded by the Foundation shall include educational scholarships to secondary, vocational and tertiary training institutions, infrastructural and social amenities, youth development and promotion of culture, business development and economic empowerment, among others. A 7-member Sustainable Development Committee (SDC) shall be established in each community to plan, implement and manage sustainable development projects in their towns.
Job title: Project Coordinator
Work Location: Akyem
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Dimensions: Supervision of Project Officers. This job also involves regular interaction with Sustainability and External Relations (S&ER) Department of Newmont Akyem, Social Responsibility Forum (SRF), Birim North District Assembly, The Sustainable Development Committees (SDCs) of the communities and community leaders.
Purpose: Provide support to the Executive Secretary in facilitating the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sustainable community development projects. He/she will also assist the Executive Secretary in the day-to-day administration of the Foundation Secretariat, ensuring good record keeping as well as creating and maintaining reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate the design of projects, preparation of project proposals and work plans for SDCs
• Provide support to the Executive Secretary for implementation of community development programs approved by the Board
• Assist the SDCs to develop simple monitoring and evaluation tools (including KPIs) and ensure their application
• Develop and maintain annual work plans for the Foundation Secretariat, reflecting the project calendar of Sustainable Development Committees in the communities – reviewing the plans regularly to ensure tasks and milestones are being achieved on budget and schedule
• Act as the Secretary and technical adviser to the Tender Board
• Prepare works certificate for payment
• Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports
• Assist the Executive Secretary and the Secretariat to develop business processes, tools and mechanisms for the effective administration of the office
• Build and maintain effective relationships with Newmont S&ER Team, SRF, Birim North District Assembly, Traditional Authorities, Community Stakeholders, development partners and other stakeholders of the Foundation
• Responsible for contract administration of all Foundation projects/programs
• Act as the Secretary to the Project Committee.
• Identify and recommend to Community training and capacity building programs that may be necessary to support community development programs.
• Act on behalf of the Executive Secretary in his absence.
• The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Must possess Project Management skills. Project Management Professional certification is desirable
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and have good organizational skills
• Must possess effective task follow-up skills
• Must be analytical and have decision-making abilities
• Strong communication skills including written and oral presentation skills
• Effective time management
• Problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
• Negotiation skills with ability to resolve conflict situations
• Verbal proficiency in Akan language is desirable
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Outlook) and
• Must have excellent report writing skills.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and be able to work with no or minimal supervision
• Must have strong background and experience in developing and implementing economic projects, including Agriculture
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Science / Social Work / Development Planning or related field of study
• Must have knowledge in Project Management and Contracting Procedures
• A Masters’ Degree in Economics/Business Administration/Innovation/Project Management is preferred At least seven years post qualification experience in a similar or related position
How to ApplyCandidates interested in applying for this position should submit their CV plus a cover letter to the address below:The Executive SecretaryNewmont Akyem Development Foundation P. O. Box NH 33, New Abirem.Eastern RegionOREmail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date for submission of applications: August 16 2019.
724 total views, 1 today