Full-Time Project Assistant Job Vacancy at PATH
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is seeking a Project Assistant to provide administrative and logistics support for the Access Accelerated (AA) funded Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) prevention and control program in Ghana. The project goal is to advance the Ghana Ministry of Health NCD strategy through targeted, coordinated multi-sectoral action and improve access to prevention, screening, and care for NCDs and we target diabetes, hypertension, breast and cervical cancers. PATH will collaborate with Ghana government through the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service to draw synergies in NCD program implementation across sectors and partners’ in country, thereby maximizing effectiveness of resources to reduce premature deaths from NCD in Ghana.
The Project Assistant will report to the PATH Technical Advisor AA Non-Communicable Diseases project and will focus his/her efforts on helping to advance the PATH’s NCD Strategy and delivering quality, efficient and optimized new opportunities. Specific duties are to:
- Provide general administrative support to PATH NCD program leadership and staff in Ghana, including drafting letters, filing and maintaining stakeholder records/directory, answer phone calls, welcome visitors and maintain lobby area;
- Schedule meetings, workshops and conferences and ensure all activities run smoothly.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, workshops and conferences;
- Compile and organize relevant background materials for meetings and monitor follow-up activities;
- Take notes for PATH in-person meetings and team conference calls;
- Maintain contacts with stakeholders – international and local NCD partners, government authorities and other PATH projects;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for PATH Projects in country;
- Liaise with PADM to provide constant replenishment of office supplies, logistics etc.
- Contribute to research development including follow up on ethical clearance processes and data entry, as necessary;
- Other relevant tasks as requested by PATH leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Nursing Administration or related health and Social science discipline;
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in public health or other related areas;
- A minimum of three (3) year working experience with an international NGO in an administrative support role;
- Experience in organizing meetings and workshops;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including report writing ability;
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite (particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Flexible, detail-oriented, organized, adaptable to changing priorities, and able to take initiative and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision;
- Experience working with an international organization a plus;
- Interest/passion about health and health rights issues a plus.
Deadline: Ongoing so apply as soon as possible
How to ApplyClick Here to Submit your CV and Application
212 total views, 2 today