Full-TimeProgram Officer at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is an Incorporated Administrative Agency of Japan which implements Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) to developing countries. JICA has been cooperating with Ghana for more than 50 years and its programs and projects for the health, education, agriculture, private, infrastructure and governance sectors.
JICA Ghana Office is now seeking qualified and experienced staff of the following post: Program Officer of the Volunteer Section
2-1. Job Description
(1) Survey Work on Request of Volunteers
• To find and confirm potential needs and possibility of sending volunteer
• To collect and share with JICA’s staff the information of the activities of organizations in Ghana expected to dispatch volunteers.
(2) Support of Volunteers Activity
• To take support work of necessary arrangement for new arriving volunteers, especially preparing accommodation, home stay program and to nominate local language teacher
• To confirm current situation of volunteers activity and find out appropriate solution.
• To explain regulation and policy of JICA volunteer to recipient agencies and the other related organizations.
• To support for making a good relationship between volunteers and local authorities (including Chiefs and community leaders) as well as local community.
• To coordinate with Ghana Police Services mainly at Regional and District level to introduce volunteers working in the area
• To coordinate with the Police at Regional/District level when several volunteers are gathering at one place, for example, for implementation of workshop.
• To assist Volunteers and Program Formulation Advisers especially Volunteer Coordinators to take a necessary measures for security.
(4) Office Work
• To support management and Project Formulation Advisors (Volunteer Coordinators) through electrical documentation by secured PC in order to carry out the smooth implementation of volunteers’ program
• To prepare necessary draft documents and letters to related organizations including recipient agencies of volunteers.
• To handle incoming and outgoing mail and post for volunteers.
• To make necessary arrangements for site visits and business trips.
• To collect necessary information and evidences for procurement of equipment for volunteers’ activities
• To prepare necessary accounting documents for the payment and revenue related to Volunteer Program by utilizing the relevant system of JICA Ghana office
• To collect, analyse, and report the information and policies of related sectors for volunteers’ program as well as the trend and circumstances of the other donors’ volunteer program in order to share with office members by several resources such as web news, statistic data, governmental statements and so on.
(5) Management of the Volunteer Dormitory
To manage facilities and equipment in the dormitory and take necessary arrangement for the operation and maintenance.
• To prepare necessary draft documents and letters, as well as to make copy, print and file official documents related to JICA Ghana Office.
• To promote Public Relations on JICA itself and its activities to the Ghanaian public and media
• To undertake other tasks requested by Chief Representative, Senior Representatives, Representatives and Project Formulation Advisor of JICA Ghana Office..
• To consult with the Representatives if you have any challenges in conducting these tasks.
2-2. Employment Period
• Six (6)months (A probationary period)
• Renewable upon satisfactory performance
Qualification Required & Experience
2-3. Required Qualifications & Experiences
• Bachelor or higher degree of Education, Sociology, Public Administration Law and/or its related sectors
• 5 years Working experience
• Adequate command of English for business
• Adequate and proper business manner and discipline
• Excellent PC skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point for producing business/official documents, letters and reports as well as presentation.
2-4. Desirable Qualifications & Experiences
• Working experience within government ministries and/or organizations that have volunteer programs, human resource development and training.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested eligible candidates should download the curriculum vitae form below:
Click Here To Download Curriculum Vitae Form
Candidates are required to submit the curriculum vitae to the following e-mail address:
1-4. Notes for Application
• Only applications send by email with the designated format shall be accepted.
• Title of the email for application shall be
• “Application for PO of Volunteer Section (applicant’s name)”
• or “Application for AO of General Affairs Section (applicant’s name)
• After the above mentioned deadline, any application shall not be accepted.
1-5. Contact Address
JICA Ghana Office (Mr. Yamazaki / Ms. Ishizawa)
2nd Floor, the Elizabeth, No. 68A, Senchi Link,
Airport Residential Area,
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +233-(0)-30 -2760781/2
Closing Date: 25 July, 2019
187 total views, 1 today