Full-Time Operations Coordinator Job at Ignitia
Small-holder farmers, who produce most of the world’s food, are often amongst the world’s poorest people. We are working to change that.
ignitia has developed the world’s first and most accurate tropical weather forecast model to benefit both small-scale farmers and agricultural organizations by providing hyperlocal weather data that directly impacts yield and productivity. We are a high-tech social enterprise that leverages advanced technologies to provide a unique and valuable means for farmers and organizations in emerging markets to stabilize operations, mitigate risks, and maximize profits.
When you’re part of the team at ignitia, you’ll be tackling the impact of climate change and food shortage by transforming how farmers in the tropics leverage the weather to improve yields. You’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
ignitia is a low-ego, high-energy environment. We don’t have many layers and we are not into red tape or office politics. We have some of the best minds in meteorology, math and technology working alongside a powerful commercial sales team to change how weather impacts the lives of farmers.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
As ignitia’s Operations Coordinator, you will work closely with the COO to ensure organizational systems and processes run smoothly and efficiently.
You are passionate about high quality execution and have an eye for detail. You can juggle many projects and activities at the same time without missing deadlines or dropping standards. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy when a meticulous plan comes together.
From managing operational projects on behalf of the COO (e.g. designing the post-sales processes and the organization structure to deliver it internationally) to managing financial, IT, and HR tasks, the role requires agility and flexibility.
You will be working with a team across Ghana, Sweden and Nigeria – operations experts, sales gurus scientists, marketers and technical experts. All working to establish ignitia as the lead provider of weather data across this market.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Plan, manage and deliver internal projects successfully.
- Work across internal teams to support the implementation of processes like performance management, international payments etc.
- Work closely with the NGO Sales and Grants teams to support reporting on spend and impact
- Work closely with the COO to support recruitment and on-boarding activities
- Support the global exec team on preparing materials and reports, and facilitating follow-ups.
- Support the COO by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Support the finance and bookkeeping functions of the organization through invoice management, payment verifications, and other small bookkeeping tasks
WHO ARE YOU?
You’re not just great at planning and managing complex projects to delivery. You are proficient at translating relationships into customer satisfaction and sustained income. You know how to shape the way ignitia delivers customer satisfaction in its projects. You are analytical and focused, but love working with teams across ignitia to deliver the project plan. You have a keen interest in agriculture and the NGO landscape in West Africa and their decision-making processes.
You are entrepreneurial and persistent. You are ambitious and love being part of a high performing team. You think your work should make a difference and still be fun.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE?
- You have an undergraduate degree (minimum) from a recognized university
- You have at least 2 years of experience in operations and/ or project implementation and delivery
- You have experience updating ledgers, budgets, etc. Preparing financial reports. Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- You are skilled at delivering in matrixed, international teams
- You are a powerful communicator – both written and oral – and can leverage relationships of trust to deliver results
- Excellent computer skills and tech savvy
- We are go-getters – we work hard and have a sense of urgency in pursuing the opportunities that help us accomplish our goals
- We act as owners – We take every decision based on what’s best for the company. We take responsibility for our actions.
- We are curious – we learn rapidly and eagerly; we are in constant search for ideas that challenge conventional wisdom. We lead the way.
- We act with integrity – we treat others the way we like to be treated. We deliver on our promises and we do what we say we will do.
- We strive for excellence – We aim to be the best in everything we do; we recruit fantastic talent. We provide great customer service and we provide the best weather data on Earth!
Closing Date: Ongoing
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply on Company's Website
163 total views, 1 today