Full-TimeLatest NGO Jobs in Ghana September 2019
Search for NGO Jobs in Ghana on #1 stop shop for current jobs in Ghana today 2019. See ongoing recruitment in Ghana for NGO roles with Reputable local and international NGOs on jobdirecta.com Visit Jobdirecta for latest NGO jobs in Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direct supervision of head of the Environment and Climate Cluster, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
Administrative and Financial Support (75%)
• Prepare all payment requests, financial record-keeping and preparation of financial reports required in line with both the National Implementation and Direct Implementation financial rules and procedures;
• Responsible for ATLAS-related transactions, e.g. keep track and update Risk Management Module and issues log;
• Maintain the budget and expenditure of projects within a portfolio, including formulation, revisions, and record keeping in ATLAS, monthly status reports, and reporting and liaising with the UNDP on budget matters;
• Support preparation of background information for project implementation, work plans and budget;
• Keep records and files of financial and technical documentation and reports;
• Draft the cluster’s Annual Procurement Plan and monitor to ensure implementation of the plan in accordance with UNDP’s policies/procedures;
• Support the purchase of goods and services and following up on issuance of contracts and payments;
• Liaise on the conduct of project audit and ensure access by auditors to project documentation, personnel, and institutions involved in the project
• Assist in the organization of in-country events (meetings, seminars, workshops, trainings etc), ensuring logistical arrangements;
• Prepare internal and external travel arrangements for personnel;
• Take record of meetings and draft correspondence as required;
• Undertake other duties per the requirements of the portfolio.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification and/or training in Accounting and Finance. University degree in Business or Public Administration or similar is preferable.
• At least 5 years of proven professional experience in financial resources management, budget management or administrative support functions. Demonstrated exposure to project management, preferably in the area of environment and climate. Experience in ATLAS project management system is an asset.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc)
IPA seeks a Research Coordinator to oversee a portfolio of 2 to 3 research projects, which will be in various sectors including education, financial inclusion and agriculture. This portfolio may include for example evaluations of cash grants for female entrepreneurs, seed markets for maize producers or a kindergarten teacher training program. Lead researchers that the Research Coordinator will likely work with include Prof. Christopher Udry, Prof. Dean Karlan and Prof. Sharon Wolf.
The Research Coordinator position is a unique opportunity to combine significant management experience with an involvement in cutting-edge development research. He/she will join the very dynamic and passionate IPA Ghana team and contribute to the development of new projects, policy outreach, and capacity building of external stakeholders. Developing and fostering good relationships with local stakeholders and implementing partners, such as the Ghana Education Service and the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, is another core element of the Research Coordinator role. Furthermore, the Research Coordinator will be involved in developing new research projects in close collaboration with the Country Director, IPA Ghana Policy team, and researchers.
This position will be based in Accra, Ghana.
The Research Coordinator (RC) will be responsible for the overall management of a portfolio of 2-3 research projects, most of which will be in the education, financial inclusion or agriculture sectors and will include wide scale surveys across multiple regions of Ghana. Each of these projects is expected to be staffed with a permanent team of 1 or 2 staff and up to 50-100 short term staff during survey periods.
In particular, the Research Coordinator will:
- Manage the projects in the RC’s portfolio and work with Principal Investigators to ensure their adherence to research design, sample selection, data collection, data management and general research protocols, as well as overall project objectives timelines;
- Directly supervise 2 to 5 permanent research staff with an eye on their professional growth;
- Keep the (Deputy) Country Director apprised of all developments on the projects within their portfolio, and serve as a key link between the field office, project staff, and Principal Investigators;
- Support in the development of new projects, in coordination with the (Deputy) Country Director and the Policy team, as well as potential researchers, implementing partners, and donors;
- Promote inter-project best practices and take a lead in sharing best practices with projects through formal and informal trainings;
- Work with field office staff to ensure sound human resource and operational management of projects;
- Oversee project financial management, including creation and monitoring of project budgets, and ensuring smooth integration of projects into IPA financial systems;
- Take part in regular meetings with local government officials and other partners to ensure success of programmatic activities;
- Support in the development of new projects, in coordination with the Country Director and the Policy team, as well as potential researchers, implementing partners, and donors; and
- Support the dissemination of interim results via presentations and reports to non-academic audiences.
Required education skills and qualifications:
- Masters in development economics, or a field related to international economic development or education;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience;
- Experience conducting social science or economic field research; experience in conducting field research in developing countries required. Background in randomized control trials is a plus;
- Experience supervising data collection and teams of field workers, designing and implementing surveys;
- Experience with data analysis. Advanced knowledge of Stata or any statistical package is required;
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies required;
- Strong critical thinking and judgment to quickly identify problems and devise solutions as well as escalate matters as needed;
- Strong quantitative, budgeting, and financial management skills required;
- Ability to present research findings, including to non-research focused audiences;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English is required; and
- Passion for making data-driven decision a reality in the development sector.
Location: Accra, Ghana
The Ghana-West Africa Program to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS) is a local Civil Society Organisation (CSO) that has been operating in Ghana since 1996. WAPCAS has been implementing HIV and STI prevention programmes targeting key affected and vulnerable populations with funding support from different donor partners including the Global Fund.
Currently, WAPCAS is one of thc Principal Recipients (PR) of the Global Fund New Funding Model II project for HIV/TB and Malaria.WAPCAS is managing Key Population (KP), Human Rights (HR) and Community System Strengthening (CSS) interventions.
To ensure effective implementation of the grant, WAPCAS requests applications from qualified and resourceful individuals to be engaged as Project Officer.
The Project officer is responsible for designing, guiding and directing the day-to-day project activities as well as providing both administrative and technical supervision on the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare quarterly work plans and share with HQ using targets assigned for the period,
• Plan, organise and run IEC and BCC activities in the KP communities.
• Share targets and tasks to individual Peer Educators (PEs)
• Supervise and monitor activities of PE to ensure that they are working and provide timely feedback to strengthen fieldwork
• Facilitate the identification of new hotspots for intervention.
• Develop and submit a plan for monitoring activities in your respective sites.
• Organise weekly meetings with the PES to assess progress of work, plan strategies to address challenges, review and clean data collected.
• Liaise with beneficiary groups (FSW), Peer educators, and relevant stakeholders for input in identifying innovative ways of implementing programme activities
• Manage the activities at the drop-in-centres (DICs)
• Organise logistical support and maintain stock levels of commodities and materials for outreach activities.
• Maintain an inventory of both Old and new equipment/items in your site
• Represent WAPCAS in all meetings that may require your presence in your respective areas.
• Liaise with the district assemblies and other stakeholders to ensure that WAPCAS’ contribution to the district’s HIV response is acknowledged.
• Prepare and submit monthly project reports and other professional documents as appropriate and promptly.
• Support the continuous capacity-building sessions for PEs.
• Appraise the performance of the PE continually and at the end of the project year.
• Document and share experiences in various sites.
• Other duties as and when necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology or a related field in Social Science.
• Three (3) years’ experience in project implementation
• Experience in working in the area of HIV and AIDS would be an added advantage
The GIZ ‘Programme to Build and Strengthen the Police Structures in Selected partner Countries in Africa – Country Component Ghana’ supports the Ghanaian
police in strengthening their training capacities. This is to be achieved through curriculum development but also through the organization Of advanced trainings for management personnel at the Ghana Police Service (GPS).
The programme component further aims to strengthen the internal complaints mechanism at the police as well as the police’s public relations, which includes the conduction of advanced training, the provision Of expert’s advice as well as the provision of equipment. The community policing approach of the police will be furtherdeveloped and community engagement activities are foreseen to be implemented in rural areas.
The component manager has the following tasks:
• Being responsible for the implementation of the Country Component Ghana,
• Advising the Ghanaian police in the areas of education and training, accountability and citizen-oriented policing
• Planning, implementing and monitoring of project activities together with national and international project partners and in close coordination with the
• Coordination Office of the Programme in Berlin and in accordance with the operational plan
• Budget planning and management
• Building networks
• Representation of the country component in Ghana in coordination with the GIZ Country Office,
• Coordination of activities with partners, donors, the German Embassy and other relevant organisations and partners
• Reporting and preparing technical papers of relevant topics
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree (Masters) in political science, law, economics or administrative sciences, alternatively: relevant police training and in-depth knowledge of police work
• Ten (10) years plus of professional experience in advising (police) reform processes and/or security sector reforms as well as organizational development, preferably in Africa
• Very good knowledge of German and international development cooperation
• Team player, high commitment, flexible and resilient
• Strong skills in networking with actors from various institutions and political levels, diplomatic skills
• Skills in dealing with clients, high intercultural sensitivity in dealing with national partner experts
• Fluent in English
• Understanding of German language and Leadership experience would be of advantage
• Competitive GIZ salary grid (Level 5T Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus
The advisor is responsible for managing employment promotion measures that form part of the programme objectives and team agreements.
Project: GIZ- Programme for Sustainable Economic Development (PSED)
Reports to: PSED Head of Programme
Assignment Period: Two-year contract with a possibility of an extension
• Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
• Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level
• Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activity
• Develop and organise quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvement and initiative
• Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, private sector, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects tc improve and maintain good working relationships.
• Representing PSED in migration- and employment-related meetings and events
• Collaboration at technical level with partner organisations such as MELR, NBSSI,NVTI, British Council and Ghanaian German Centre.
• Communicate local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing of ideas and information for the benefit of the programme.
• Ensure knowledge transfer to programme information
• Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
• Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring & evaluation, success stories and best practice examples.
• Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by the Hou, the programme manager and GIZ Head Office.
• Assist with general project/intervention planning and develop project/intervention concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and coordination of their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation for all three target regions
• Coordinating the monitoring of the implementation of substantial Grant and Financing, Agreements in all three target regions, reporting back to the HOU.
• Coordinate relevant project activities/interventions at local consultation with the manager and in cooperation With the partners regarding implementation and organizational aspects
• Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments.
• Handle other task on behalf of GIZ (e.g. impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc or equivalent in an area that is related to employment promotion
• At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position
• Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Professional experiences in the fields of (self-)employment promotion, TVET, financial system development, entrepreneurship/SME promotion and/or migration are additional assets,
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative
• Team player and ability to perform task without supervision
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset
• Strong managerial, organisational and social competence
• Capacity development experience, especially organisational development
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Competitive GIZ salary grid (Band 4 Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
If you do not hear from us 2 weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is part of a global humanitarian organisation dedicated to providing family-like Care (FLC) for children without parental care. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family strengthening projects.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for the position of: National Advocacy Advisor
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal applicant must
• Hold a first Degree in Social Science, Political Science, Law, Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations, Social Work, Child Welfare, Psychology. A master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years work experience, 3 years of which should be in policy analysis, research, advocacy and or communication with government or NGO’s
• Strong technical knowledge of advocacy techniques and marketing/communications strategies/channels
• Good organisational & managerial skills
• Excellent oral/written communications skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation and across cultures
• Strategic thinker combined with practical “can do” attitude
• Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Be a team player and have a strong collaborative and team building skills
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
• Strong relationships building skills and the ability to inspire others
• Have proven knowledge in Microsoft Office suite and with the ability to adopt new ditigal platforms
For more NGO Careers in Ghana, Click Here to see 50+ current NGO opportunities in Ghana
Must Read Recommended Articles for you
How to ApplyClick on 'Read more and apply' on the NGO job vacancies in Ghana listed above
158 total views, 3 today