Full-TimeFinance and Operations Assistant Job at JSI
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated timproving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI has submitted an application tUSAID timplement an HIV and AIDS project in the Western Region of Ghana. If awarded, the goal of this project will be tprovide support tthe Government of Ghana (GOG) and taccelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDS targets by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV burdened region by scaling up evidence based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in Western Region (WR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The potential project, if awarded, is expected tbe funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID beginning in October 2019.
JSI seeks to recruit the following position: Finance and Operations Assistant
• Reports to: Senior Finance and Compliance Manager
• Location: Takoradi
• The FOA is responsible for assisting the FOin processing and maintaining the field accounting system, coordinating and supervising drivers and other support staff, this is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana. S/he will be in charge of the major responsibilities stated below. S/he will report tthe Senior Finance and Compliance Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
The Finance & Operations Assistant will be responsible for the updating of statutory payments, supporting programmatic and Technical field activities by assisting with administrative activities at workshops; meetings etc. this supports includes the following:
• Make sure Non CSCost share mobilization is up tdate. For example, cost shares for GHS staff both in the community and facilities are collected and submitted tFinance Manager. S/he is tsupport the Finance Manager tcollect all Cost Shares
• Submit and pay for statutory deduction tappropriate bodies
o SSNIT Tier 1
o Pension Fund Tier 2
o PAYE tGhana Revenue Authority (GRA)
o Withholding Tax tGRA
• Make sure all withholding tax certificate are collected and distributed tall vendors and entities in timely manner
• Liaise with the Finance and Operations Officer tmake sure all VAT Relief Purchase Orders (VRPO) certificate are collected and distributed tall vendors and entities
• Will be responsible for photocopying of all finance documents including payment vouchers on weekly basis.
• Provide support for all programs training/workshops/meetings on the field and in office with following details in mind
o Assist with participant’s attendance registration
o Prepare mobile money payment documentation and send tFinance Manager for review and upload then submits tDeputy Chef of Party for approval of transaction
o Coordinate finance and logistic support on the field during trainings/workshops/meetings
o In charge of managing filing systems of the finance office
• Support the FOtdispatch the monthly field office pouch tHome office
• Collate all Utility bills (Light, Water, Newspaper, Telephone) for review and processing
• Any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor, and Director of Finance and Operations
Qualification Required & Experience
• College certificate in Accounting or have a diploma from a professional course in accounting or financial management.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a financial/administrative officer, preferably with a US Government-funded project.
• Experience working with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel) as well as QuickBooks accounting software and excellent English writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work within a team and with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff;
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and supervisory skills;
• Excellent written and verbal English skills;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with an international NGO preferred;
• Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
Closing Date: 15 October, 2019
• Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
Disclaimer: Roles and responsibilities are subject to change based on final confirmation of that particular position.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.
How to ApplyQualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the appropriate positions marked and also captured in the email subject ’ to:Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org
124 total views, 2 today