Full-Time Development Assistant Specialist Job at U.S. Mission in Accra
The U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Development Assistant Specialist — Health Financing. The specialist leads USAID/Ghana efforts to support the achievement of quality, Universal Health Care (UHC) in Ghana.
• S/He defines and manages the USAID/Ghana complex health financing portfolio, including public financial management at all levels, and improving strategic and evidence-based health purchasing by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
• The Specialist supports USAID/Ghana efforts to remain committed to building the necessary institutions, policies, and systems, in order to achieve UHC — at not only the central level, but also strong health financial management across regional, district, and community levels.
• The Specialist works to support strong and transparent health financing, the core of USAID/Ghana’s approach to support Ghana on its journey to self-reliance, and new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS).
The Specialist collaborates across USAID sectors to support accountability, governance, and domestic resource mobilization in order to achieve broader Mission objectives.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Completion Of US-equivalent Master of Business Administration (MBA) or masters degree in Health Economics. Health Policy and Management, Public Health, or a related Social Science with a health financing focus.
• At least ten ( 10) years of progressively responsible, professional—level experience in the implementation and/or management of health financing or health insurance activities/projects is required. Eight (8) of total experience must be with donor organisations, government, public and private institutions, the World Bank, or other bilateral/multilateral or international agencies engaging in similar functions and capacity.
• Computer and language proficiencies will be tested.
Salary: Market Value – GHC 169,225.00 to GHC 253,826.00 equivalent to FSN-13, in accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of U.S. Embassy, Ghana.
Closing Date: 21 August, 2019
For full requirements and position description, please log on to the following websites:
All US and non-Ghanaian citizens, who are not family members of USG employees officially assigned to post and under Chief of Mission authority, must attach copies of the required work and residency permit to their applications to be eligible for consideration. No relocation expenses are provided to the job location, Accra Ghana. If transportation to Accra is required, it will be the employee’s responsibility.
USAID/GH anticipates awarding one Personal Service Contract (PSC) regarding this announcement. Please note that this does not constitute any guarantee that a PSC will be awarded as result of this announcement.
How to ApplyNote: The US Mission does not accept faxed or paper applications for open positions. All interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements, must submit applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants must cite the position title and solicitation number within the subject line, and attach a covering letter, current resume with at least three references of direct supervisors within the last five months from applicant's professional life, relevant certificates. a two-page supplementary document addressing the evaluation factors. Attachments must include a signed Form AID 302B offeror information for PSC available at https://www.usaid.gov/form and must be in a format compatible with Microsoft word 2003/2010 or pdf Failure to provide these requirements will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
133 total views, 5 today