Full-Time Communications Consultant at UNDP
The Human Development Report Office (HDRO) is seeking a consultant to undertake a mission critical assignment pertaining to the preparation of the launch of the 2019 Human Development Report, during the maternity leave of the Communication Specialist.
HDRO produces annually the editorially independent, global Human Development Report for UNDP. Since inception in 1990 the report has acted as a highly visible and influential people-centered contribution to development thinking. Each edition is launched around the world by UNDP offices as contributions to public debate and policy making at national and global levels; picked up by global and national media, and the analysis – and annually updated human development indices and data sets are used by governments, civil society and development partners in their policy formulation and advocacy.
Throughout the year, HDRO also seeks to promote the human development concept and approach to analysis and policy making through outreach, including via the web and social media, to influential stakeholders, through engagement with academic networks and by convening and participating in expert and high-visibility events. In particular, the office organizes the annual global human development forum and the HD measurement conference.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director the candidate is expected to: develop and implement the outreach and communications strategy for the annual Human Development Report (HDR).?
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate is anticipated to function in all the areas listed below. Work will be distributed as appropriated.
Editorial – development of press material, speeches, multimedia products and presentations. Working in close collaboration with HDRO Report team, UNDP’s Office of Communication and Regional bureaus:
• Draft and copy-edits press package materials related the 2019 Human Development Report (HDR), including global and regional press releases.
• Draft and develop key messages, speeches, speaking point and power point presentations for high UNDP official involved in the launch of the 2019 HDR
• Develop and ensure timely production of other product and services such as FAQ, key messages and others.
• Develop multimedia materials and presentations to disseminate main messages and findings of the 2019 HDR.
• Incorporate and consolidates the revisions adaptations requested by HDRO team and other UNDP bureaus to these materials.
• Assist in the coordination with for the preparation of the regional press releases and kits.??
Launch – Preparation of the launch of the 2019 Human Development Report.
Develop and implement the communication strategy defined for the launch and dissemination of the Human Development Reports, including:
• Lead the organization of the Global Launch Event including, identifying a venue and managing logistics and organizational matters.?
• Prepare communication products and briefing materials related with the launch event.
• Lead internal communications; provide communication services and support to CO/ Regional Bureaus. Develop supporting materials for these meetings and ensure timely dissemination; organized embargoes briefings.
• Work with regional buraus to identified regional launches; maintains a roster list of planned launches at the regional and national levels; prepares communications and briefing materials as needed
• Support joint work with the Bureaus of External Relations and Advocacy and their representative offices on high profile launches in countries without UNDP country offices;?
• Liaise with external partner for their participation on launch events.
Outreach- develop and implement a media and social media outreach strategy for the launch of the 2019 HDR
• Lead media outreach, including the organization of media briefings, press conference follow up on interview request and media request.
• Identify and prioritize key international specialized media outlets and journalist and developed tailored media approaches and instruments for media outreach?
• Coordinate media outreach work with UNDP Office of Communications, ExO, Regional Bureaus.? ?
• Ensure the timely launch of embargo media site, media advisories, and press releases.?
• Develop and implement the social media strategy for the launch of the report; develop messages and multimedia materials; coordinate with the UN and BERA’s social media team.?
• Supports the ongoing outreach with key audiences through weekly communication through the biweekly Human Development Today Newsletter and Dialogue Blog.
• Supports the visibility of Human Develop Report Office through social media (drafting of messages, preparation of multimedia materials) and ensure timely updates
• Organizes HDRO events and seminars.
• Compiles press clippings and conducts a quantitative and qualitative media and social media impact analysis
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree in media relations, journalism, publishing, international relations or similar disciplines or related field of expertise.
• At least five years of relevant work experience in the field of public relations, media and/or communications at the national or international level.
• Professional experience as a deadline news writer and/or editor for English-language media highly desirable.
• Prior experience in the UNDP will be an asset.
• Working experience in the field of development and familiarity with economics and development terminology and concepts would be an advantage.
• Familiarity with UNDP and the Human Development Report desirable.
• Experience working with the media and established contacts a plus.
• Solid experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Expertise in the use of social networking tools.
• Fluency in English.
• Writing skills and verbal fluency in another UN language is an asset.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Please fill application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
Closing Date: 01 August, 2019
116 total views, 2 today