Full-Time Administrative Assistant at UNDP
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Analyst, the Administrative Assistant provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery
Summary of Key Functions:
• Implementation of operational strategies
• Support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit (DRR’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit)
• Support to administrative and logistical services
• Support to office maintenance and assets management
• Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
• Maintenance of the registry system
• Effective mail management
• Cost recovery for pouch services
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
2. Ensures maintenance of registry system focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Set up and maintenance of the office filing system in accordance with the UNDP Global Filing System
• Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
• Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents
• Provision of photocopies of material from the confidential registry files, as requested by staff. Assistance in the collection of reference and background material from registry files
• Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files.
• Preparation of correspondence and reports related to registry activities
• Supervision of the Registry support staff
• Participation in the creation and maintenance of an electronic registry/archive system in close cooperation with the ICT staff
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
• Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
• Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
• Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
• Extraction of data from various sources.
• Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
• Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
• Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
• Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
• Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
5. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable.
• Experience: 5 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 26 July, 2019
297 total views, 3 today