A subsea system engineer has the technical responsibility for general aspects of system design lifecycle to decommisioning which includes but not limited to subsea installation, production enhancement, production life extension or well decommission activities. This also entails the development and design of system architecture by teaming up with product designers, customers, external partners and/or 3rd parties from early engagement through the full project life cycle to customer delivery.
As a subsea systems engineer, some typical tasks you would be engaged in for a successful career are listed below:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engaged in the development of system architecture for Front End Engineering Design(FEED) study, tender or project execution business purposes.
- Responsible for product functional design specifications, delivery of the System design basis, as well as system level schematics.
- Definition and control of the System master equipment list.
- Definition and management of internal and external system interfaces.
- Creation of and lead System design verification activities and technical assurance programs
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the technical change control processes.
- Competent in asset integrity and system flow assurance such as hydrate management as well as thermal design for inputs in scope of works drafts.
- Familiarity with 3rd party certification and regulatory compliance programs.
- Design and plan of system intervention, inspection, scheduled maintenance and repair strategy.
- Development of System Integrating testing program.
- Technical risk management including HAZOP & HAZID.
- Engage in Reliability assessment and management.
- Responsible technical authorship: delivery of system documentation from master document register i.e. including but not limited to data sheets, reports, procedures, manuals.
- Coordinating with other engineers such Materials Engineers/Mechanical Engineers to develop a system material selection and corrosion protection strategy.
To perform this role, you will have:
- Bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Expected to have Project execution experience within an engineering environment.
- Effective team working
- Analytical skills.
- Experience/working knowledge in areas such as Hydro mechanical, Electrical or Structural.
- Proficient interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of RAM analysis, FMECA and/or Functional Safety engineering
- Methodical and problem solving skill with ability to synthesise information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions