Having decided on the job your desire, it is prudent you tailor your CV and Cover letter to make it very irresistibly catchy to recruiters and employers alike. We present to you some worth noting tips career tips.
How to do your job hunting
Make conscious efforts to keep an eye on the latest jobs advertised on job boards. For instance, Jobdirecta Ghana is constantly updated with thousands of the latest jobs in Ghana and Africa as a whole. Make sure to create a jobseeker account and set up automated job alerts to receive relevant jobs of interest. This particularly will help you not to miss out on any latest vacancy.
Also with the influence social media has these days, make sure you create accounts and follow recruiters and jobs website in Ghana on major platforms such as jobdirecta social media pages on facebook,twitter,linkedin amongst others to further spot the latest job vacancies on the go.
How to Sort your CV before making applications
Since your CV is the most likely the first thing for employers and recruiters to get a first impression about you. It is important you make it presentable and as well as have relevant content as much as you can. Your CV structuring in ghana is very important so make sure your CV highlights your relevant and distinct achievements. Ensure your CV is not over 2 pages of an A4 size paper.
What key information do I need to have on my CV?
Your CV ought to include:
- Personal credentials like your name, address, phone contact, email address, and any relevant social media presence.
- Career history beginning along with your current job.
- Relevant achievements from previous jobs.
- Qualifications as well as training from previous jobs, beginning with the most recent.
- You may want to include a couple of attractive sentences on your interests and hobbies.
- References, even though optional, it is advised to mention ‘referees offered on request’ to alert potential employers grasp you’ll be able to provide one if the need arises upon a successful interview.
- Also bear in mind different industries can expect various things from a CV, thus it is essential your CV draft to creates an impression you’ve adequately understood the job description.
- Remember it may be helpful to have a trusted colleague have a second look at your CV to help spot typos etc prior submitting your application.
- Also, make use of numerous websites providing useful CV and Cover letter templates as a guide.
- Having taken you through tips on CVs lets delve into tips for writing your Cover letter.
- Make sure your draft your cover letter to formal letter standards with your address, employer address, and date.
- Having done that, ensure your 1st paragraph ought to make a case for why you’re applying for the role and introduce yourself.
In subsequent paragraphs demonstrate why you’re the aptest person for the role and buttress it with relevant examples while making a match with the job description as much as you can with the assumption have you have done your homework by searching and knowing more about the company.
- Ensure your cover letter is kept brief as much as you can. Also, ensure to get someone to have a second look before submitting your application.
- Also, make use of numerous websites providing useful Cover letter templates as a guide.
Wish you success in your job hunt.