This account receivable clerk is responsible for following up payments or monies due company arising from goods or services or both served to another company typically called a client or customer. This is process implemented by issuing an invoice to the customer and expected to pay within a certain time frame agreeable by both parties.
Main Duties of Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Building relationships with customers or clients in order to ensure that remittance advices are received in time for appropriate allocation of sales receipts.
- Effective management of cash allocation in time, consistent with agreed targets.
- Take charge of weekly and monthly preparation and reconciliation of cash or online payments
- Manage Resolution and escalation of old balances when the need arises.
- Handles Direct Debit collection process and following up on defaulters.